Saturday, August 11, 2012

Easy Chicken Pot Pie


Here is my super easy chicken pot pie recipe!  
You can also make it more healthy by using low sodium broth.  I also would love to learn how to make my own crust, because as you can see below, the store bought ones tend to crumble and make the presentation not so pretty.  But it tastes good!

Excuse the quality of the pictures, I used my phone camera for these because I couldn't find my good camera.  :( I found it now, so the future blog entries should look better, I promise.

Ingredients:
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup carrots, diced
1 cup frozen corn
1 medium potato, diced
1 lb chicken thighs, cut into chunks
3 tbsp butter
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/3 cup flour
1-3/4 cup chicken broth (not pictured)
2/3 cup milk (also not pictured. Oops!)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp dried thyme
2 frozen deep dish pie crusts

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Boil peas, carrots, corn, potato and chicken for 15 minutes in a covered saucepan.  Drain and set aside.



Cook onions in butter until transparent.  Stir in flour.  Slowly add broth, whisking constantly.  Slowly add milk, also whisking constantly.  Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme.


Pour the veggies and chicken into the crust, top with the homemade gravy.  Seal second crust on top.  

Bake for 30 minutes, until crust is golden brown.





No comments:

Post a Comment