Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sweet Potato & Corn Quesadillas


I really have to thank my friend Meg for inspiring this recipe. She made me sweet potato & corn quesadillas a couple years ago and they were so tasty! I don't remember her process so I made up my own, and this is what I came up with.

Ingredients:
3 tbsp. oil
2 cloves garlic
 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
2 green onions, chopped
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp pepper
8 tortillas (I used soft taco size)
8 oz cheddar, shredded
Cooking spray
sour cream and hot sauce for garnish

In a large skillet, heat oil.
Add sweet potatoes and saute on medium heat until they start to soften. 



Season with cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook until potatoes are browned and softened.


Add corn. Cook until completely heated through.



Add green onions and garlic. Remove from heat and set on the back burner.
In a medium skillet, heat and spray with cooking spray. Lay down one tortilla and spread one half with cheese.


Spoon some of the sweet potato and corn mixture on the cheese. Top with more cheese.



Let cheese melt for about 2 minutes, then fold over and press down with spatula.


Set quesadilla on a plate. Repeat with remaining tortillas.


Use a pizza cutter to cut each quesadilla into three pieces. Garnish with sour cream and hot sauce.

My BF and I each had 2 quesadillas and we were full! There is enough to make 8 quesadillas (to feed 4 people).

1 comment:

  1. You never mentioned when to put the garlic in, or anything about garlic except for in the ingredients list! I personally put it into the oil after its hot, sautée for about a minute and then add the sweet potatoes.

    ReplyDelete